Welcome to the first entry in a new series called Programming Resources!
In this series I will share books, websites, articles, news, resources, videos, sales, or anything that could be helpful to you. The focus will not be on a specific language or platform, so everyone is welcome. :)
So, with that brief intro and description out of the way, let's jump right into the resources for this week:
- Ray Wenderlich: A great website and community that I'm fortunate to be able to contribute to. Here you can find books, tutorials, screencasts, and video courses on platforms and technologies like Unreal, Unity, Android, iOS, Kotlin, Swift, data structures and algorithms, and Git.
- Game From Scratch: A great site for those interested in game development and everything that goes with it. With a YouTube channel full of cool news and content to go along with the blog, you're going to be busy with all of the learning resources you can find here.
- Azeria Labs: Have you ever wanted to learn more ARM Assembly and reverse engineering? Azeria has put together fantastic resources on her site for you to learn and get started.
- Learn OpenGL: In my personal opinion this is the de facto resource for learning graphics programming with OpenGL. While Vulkan, Metal, and DirectX 12 are getting bigger and more prominent, OpenGL is oftentimes friendlier to get into first before making the jump to the aforementioned technologies.
- Digital Foundry: While not specifically a programming resource it goes together with Learn OpenGL. As you get into graphics programming you will be presented with new terms and concepts. Digital Foundry does deep analyses of games, consoles and hardware in a super cool and entertaining way.
Let me know what you think of the new series and what your favorite programming resources are in the comments below.
As always, thanks for reading and until next time! :)